Re: Problem Running XyDOS under Win XP

Alan Heubert writes:
≪ I've just upgraded to Windows XP, and am having a peculiar problem running XyDOS 4.17. . . . on the average of about five times a day, XyWrite stops responding properly to the keyboard. In particular, the Enter and F9 keys produce strange characters, . . . ≫

Is your computer a desktop or a laptop? The proprietary keyboard handlers of some more recent (last
6-7 years or so) laptops sometimes have trouble with DOS programs, including XyWrite. In that case,
I've heard that plugging in an external (standard) keyboard can help.

This weekend I copied my Xy4 setup to a new WinXP desktop system, and it works fine. No keyboard
problems, no problems of any kind; it runs.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx