Re: xy3 installation problems

** Reply to message from megarat  on Mon, 1 Dec 2003
07:52:31 -0800 (PST)

I found my copy of Xy2+; I'll send it to you privately. If that loads
barebones, I'll send the support files. But if nothing XyWrite-ish works, try
MSWord for DOS v5.5. Grab a copy at:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/word50/Wd55_eng/5.5/WIN98/EN-US/Wd55_eng.exe

This is a US-English "Y2K" update issued by M$, but it installs the whole "full
version" package, and doesn't sniff around for a pre-existing installation (you
are presumed to have a license for v5.0, otherwise you are in violation of said
license). According to:

 http://www.victor-alvarado.com/qppro/sw.html

it runs on the QP -- he has a lot of info pertinent to your machine. There's
another version available with a British spell checker:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/word97win/Wd55_be/97/WIN98/EN-US/Wd55_ben.exe

[Beware of truncated lines in URLs above!]

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx