Re: Backup software

Hi Michael,

Redo Backup and Recovery is simply too slow when you have quite a lot to
back up, incremental backups are much better in this respect, but it is
a very simple tool to use when you are experimenting with a new setup.
You should not be experimenting with the settings of a new backup and
restore program without this kind of fallback solution. That is all I am
saying. If you are happy with an imaging solution that you use only once
in a fortnight, then REDO fits the bill quite well as a regular
solution. Still, I use and recommend daily incremental backups with a
weekly (or fortnightly) full initial backup. (If you are using Acronis,
these settings have been useful for setting my own:
https://forum.acronis.com/system/files/10-2inc-custom_keep64.jpg)

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)