Upgrading to Notabene K accentuates problem with U2

Having just updated Notabene to 8.0k, I found it had accentuated a
problem that I have found using U2 in Notabene, namely that several
functions do not appear to operate correctly. For example if I command
'help dr' Helpkey, in Notabene I briefly see help for DR before the help
then switches to the very top of the XYwwweb.inf file. In other cases,
for example if I carry out a SEarch over a number of files the SE
procedure exits at the first file.
With Notabene 8.0i, I also have a problem with a second helpkey
assignment. I have the helpkey normally assigned to Key 76 of the
extended IBM keyboard, the centre key of the numberic keypad. This
works, except for the type of problem noted above. For example I
regularly use a procedure called WCAF to count words across multiple
files. This works in Notabene 8.0i with this helpkey assignment.
However I have also placed the helpkey on ALT-F9 so that I have an
assignment that will work on a laptop. However with this assignment, If
I command WCAF 'searchstring' Helpkey, this too halts after counting the
words in the first file it reaches.
With Notabene 8.0k this behaviour seems to be extended to use of WCAF on
the standard helpkey as well. I don't use many U2 routines so there may
be others that show similar behaviour.
So far as I can tell I have adapted NB as instructed so that it will
work with U2. I have checked my assignments a couple of times. I also
use Stack.

Has anybody else seen similar behaviour. Help please, anybody

Thanks

Paul Breeze