Re: Expanding horizons

Patrecia wrote:
I should imagine any programming language that can output literals to a
file would let you do the same thing. One thus has the programming
possibilities of that application, and the output possibilities of
XyWrite all in one. ... Any one else ever try this?
As I've mentioned earlier, I administer a 750-person moderated mailing list using Xy to operate on the .mbx files created by Eudora. I also use Xy to create the html version of the day's "digest," for posting on my site.
I have lots of XPL programs (maybe 10) that are used to handle everything
from renewals to FTP-ing the posts to the server that spits out the emails
to list-members.
BTW, now that I have a good picture of myself, I don't mind you peeking at
www.hblist.com.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx