Re: Quick Question

I work in XyWrite and convert to Word 97, using MS-DOS conversion
filters from Microsoft site (at least it was 1-2 years ago).

1. Open Xy document in Word, convert from MS-DOS text. (some adjustment
may have to be made under options or properties to cause conversion
prompt to appear).
2. Copy the entire file (control-a).
3. Open new document in Word, based on previously created template (in
Word) for specific type of document I am converting (ie. article, or
index, or chapter). Margins, tabs, font, etc. are already set.
4. Paste as "unformatted text" using EDIT menu, Paste
Special, Unformatted text.
5. Search & replace _ for MDUL or MDIT +/-, and * for MDBO +/-. (This
can be done in Xy or Word very quickly).
6. Use autoformat. (under FORMAT menu).
7. Presto. Document in Word with fonts, etc. Ready to e-mail.

This has become something I can do in a couple of minutes, and allows
me to write and create indexes in XyWrite using all my macros and
time-saving shortcuts, created over the last decade, and which I am
loathe to give up (and which same me counless hours).

Lisa

--- Malcolm DeBevoise  wrote:
> I gather however that it is still possible to work in XyWrite and
> convert to Word format, either by saving files as Word 5.5 or as RTF.

=====
Lisa Kleinholz
www.kleinholz.com