Xy And Warp

I've been customizing and tweaking OS/2 Warp for the last several days.
Happily, it lives up to its favorable advance notices. Multitasks nicely in 8
Megs of RAM (less swapping than in 2.1). Desktop is much improved -- faster,
smoother, nicer-looking icons, etc. Many obvious and subtle improvements that
should appeal to experienced and new users alike. Xy4 and XyWin run as before,
which is to say, without a hitch. On the other hand .... I'd always heard that
DOS programs ran faster under OS/2, and my 1-year+ experience with 2.1 seemed
to confirm that. However, when I ran some tests to see if this held true in
Warp, the results were surprising: Xy4 ran considerably faster under *DOS
5.0*! Same for XyWin -- faster under straight Windows! In each test under
OS/2, XyWrite was the only program running (no multitasking). Interestingly,
my partner, who has a fast 486 (both my machines are 386's), showed equal
performance under OS/2 and DOS/Windows. I'm at a loss to explain the
discrepancy on my machines. The less powerful 386 processor, maybe? My
"benchmark" tests are in the nclosed TLOOPS.PM, which also lists my own
results. I'd be interested to hear that other OS/2 users get when running
these tests, especially with Xy4 under OS/2 vs. straight DOS.

*Enclosed File: tloops.pm