OT: Re: Usb & Dos

--- junja  wrote:

> From time to time messages mention the shortage of
> usb
> support in Dos.
>
> I've just had a pleasant surprise - a usb numeric
> keypad
> working in Dos without drivers.

I know a guy who has a great many computers --
desktops, laptops, various makes and models of
different vintage. He tells me there are some
machines of the last 2 or 3 years that seem to have
BIOS-level support for USB when running DOS -- no
drivers required. This was quite a surprise to me.
(But, on the flip side, he's also run into some
machines that just won't run some things we totally
take for granted, including some DOS or Win-16 stuff,
and some older drivers. He has a lot of computer
experience -- in fact, he works on designing /
building robotic payloads for NASA.)

Irrespective of the above, there are some generic DOS
USB drivers that have a fairly widespread
applicability, if you need them. Should anyone be
interested, I can point you in the right direction.

Jordan