Re: Foreign language spellers and thesaurii -- my appeal!

At 05:56 PM 11/10/98 EST, you wrote:

>XyWrite Microlytics Spellers -- Please Help!
>
>May I renew my appeal for information, and a private msg, from ANYONE in
>possession of the French, German, or Spanish Microlytics dictionaries? Or
>any other, as-yet-unknown Microlytics dictionaries, apart from American
>English, British English, and Italian?

Robert, I got three dictionaries from Nota Bene years ago that worked with
NB3. Shortly after I bought them I switched to Xy and have only
occasionally gone back to NB. Tried the dicts a couple of months ago, but
they don't work with NB4 (or with XyWrite). NB4 uses the same .SPL files,
but the OV3 files need to be upgraded, I think. NB promised a fix some time
ago but I haven't heard from them. Don't need the dicts right now, and
since the Nota Bene staff must be swamped with getting NBWin out, I haven't
hollered. It'll get squared away in time.

The dicts I have are

FREN.SPL  139411  09-11-89
GERM.SPL  381917  09-11-89
ITAL.SPL   382712  09-19-89

They each show a "Copyright by Xerox Corporation and Microlytics, Inc." at
top of file.

The English file is the same as the Xy file; it doesn't show the "Xerox &
Microlytics" copyright line. No plain text at the top at all.

DICT.SPL   110464  02-04-87

I have no idea whether these files could work in Xy4 or XyWin. I gave them
a try, with no luck of course, since I don't have the right supplementary
files.

Doubt this can be of use to you, but perhaps . . .

R Hemenway
robhem@xxxxxxxx