Re: XyWrite and SGML

Another way to handle the SGML idea is to make up a special
printer file for it, modeled on strip.prn or mail.prn, that
replaces mdit with the appropriate sgml code, etc. I've done a
version of this, as it were, for my email where I put in obvious
codes for my correspondents. Generally I just put in an
asterisk before and after just to make it clear that some sort
of emphasized text was there. THe prn idea is better because you
can leave your xy habits and xy documents alone and let the prn
file take care of the marking up. It is sort of what prn files
are for.

-
David Auerbach
auerbach@xxxxxxxx   Department of Philosophy & Religion