Re: Xy'd NB

At 05:52 PM 2/16/2008, Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from Michael Norman
on Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:57:16 -0500
> *LL/LR have indeed changed (we changed cursor movement in general,
> and did not bring these forward)*
You can't ignore the evidence of your eyes! They DO work.
Regardless of what he says. Maybe he means they were removed
from NB's KBD file -- which, for NB users, who never change
anything, in effect means they are disabled/removed.
Indeed. Linear movement *on my box* works just fine, as you
suggested, in CODES view, our eXPanded view. But in NB's Page view,
our Format View, I get that diagonal cursor movement. And I was
curious if anyone else here got diagonal movement in NB Page view.
Can't hurt to send NB tech support a note asking for clarification of
Steve's statement, which I'll do. I double checked my system again
after your post. No TAME is running, no other screen handling
programs. Aside from this, I note that ProcessExp shows ntvdm still
running AFTER I quit XY. My ignorance aside, is this having any
effect on NBWIN?
I've always found the program unpredictable. Yesterday, for example,
I was experimenting with it (my XY kbd loaded). After I toggled it to
full screen and quit and tried to start the program again, I got a
dialog that said, SWSYS.DLL at 0011:48 general failure. Had to
reinstall NB to get it up again.
Michael Norman