Re: Xy Manuals Online (Was undocumented define functions)

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997 I asked Santa Claus for

>>a XyWrite FAQ

R. Tennenbaum replied (though perhaps not precisely about this) that

>You're not alone

and that

>there are lots and lots of text editors for OS/2 but none suit it
>quite so superbly as an OS/2 port of Xy would.

I have no personal experience of OS/2 but can easily believe this. Or
anyway, that it would be superb for nonconformist, impatient users of OS/2.
Just as it would be superb for such users of Win95 (or perhaps any other OS).

But I'm a bit alarmed where RT says:

>I think you are suggesting that a database for this fine listserv
>could alleviate some of its snottiness. . . .

I hope I didn't suggest any snottiness (I certainly don't sense any). No: I
just got the impression that I've entered a room where a mostly-fascinating
discussion has already got well under way, and where a number of things I'm
interested in (but alas have no knowledge of) have probably been settled
months ago.
Peter Evans