XY sort limit -- is there a way around?

This morning I needed to do a sort operation on a huge file and
ran into XY's 3000 line sort limit. I did what I usually do in
situations like this; I cranked up TSE (The Semware Editor) and
used that. TSE's sort limit is 65,000 lines which is *lot* more
comfortable. TSE is XY-like too in its speed and no-nonsense interface.
But... there is no command line, so I'd really like to stick to
XY if possible. Is there any way to get around this annoying 3000 line
limit? TIA

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--Support the anti-spam amendment. Join at http://www.cauce.org/