From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Harry Binswanger
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 6:01 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Laptop Keyboard solution.

There seems to be UNIVERSAL distain for Dell. IT people in particular
usually to hate Dell, always citing their service arrangements are a
nightmare.

And, from a Xy perspective, wasn't there at least one Dell model that had more than usual cursor problems with XP? I'm also in the market for a laptop--a "desktop replacement" one (I can't abide any longer the problems of synchronizing laptop and desktop for travel). I have no animus against Dell--I'm typing this on a Dell Latitude, vintage 2000, which I bought reconditioned by Dell in January 2002. It's held up very well. But I'm worried about this issue.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx