Re: Conflicts between XyDos and Windows???

>But new MIS people always leap on any DOS-based program as the source of
>all Windoze problems--
Yes, this is sad. Would anyone on the list like to write an article to
explain to MIS-type people the issues surrounding our continued use/need
for a tool like XyWrite? There's been a lot of good quotes and ideas on
the list recently. I hereby put out the call!

>it's a great ploy to impose Word et al. on the
>holdouts who insist on editing tools instead of automatic writing
>machines (to invoke a distinction made on one of these threads a week or
>so ago).
Just ran across another article in a writing/editing newsletter
(*Editorial Eye*) dealing with Word's quirks. One point they made was
about how edits can disappear from a document. Whole books have been
written on Word's problems--for one,"Word Annoyances" by Woody Leonard
et. al. Strange (and sad) that the MIS "powers that be" continue to force
(or try to force) these software
lemons-that-the-rest-of-the-world-thinks-are-gems on us.

>So I appreciate the support of a few more voices than my own
>against the onslought of the mindless hoards.
Sorry, I can't resist commenting on this one. Mindless hoards of what? Or
perhaps more accurately, "hoards of mindlessness" (-;

Actually, my favorite misused homonym is the one about people *pouring*
over their notes. Pouring what, orange juice? hot fudge sauce? lighter
fluid?

Perhaps I should stop before someone refers to the "onslaught of hordes
of nitpickers."

All in good fun,
Timothy Olson
Editorial/Technical Assistant