Re: F5--and everything went black...

At 06:27 PM 6/24/2007, Si Wright wrote:
As I said, this is more a curiosity than a calamity. For now, I'd rather have BC and the occasional blackout than CC on that key.
Does the same behavior occur when XY is started from a shortcut, and
from editor.exe? Does HP have a bunch of machine utilities, like the
ThinkPad, and does one of them use F5? What happens at the desktop
screen when you hit F5 or Fn+F5? On some portables, I think, F5 (or
F5/Fn) does a screen update/refresh. Since it's unTAMEed, why not try
it with TAME and see what happens, at least as a trouble-shooting step.
Michael Norman