Re: xy3 VS. xy4

** Reply to note from Wolfgang Bechstein  on Wed,
31 Jan 2001 09:39:04 +0900

> And now, to be even fairer: Let's imagine a new user, with a fairly
> open mind and adventurous spirit but without documentation in hand
> (that's the crux), wanting to find out how to reassign the key for
> "Next Window". I'd say in Word a bit of futzing with the menus should
> quite easily lead to what I give above. But in XyWrite??

But in XyWrite, what? Since when has it become implicit that
everything useful should be accomplished from menus without further
knowledge? That's like saying, if you pet a cat, it purrs -- but a
frog? Or, if you can read the menus, you can change the keystroke --
but what if you can't read? XyWrite is changed by reprogramming it.
Can't reprogram? Fair enough: use Word. Can't read? Don't write.

Anyway, routine IDKEY in U2 gives you exactly that ability. Touch
the key you want, put the programming assignment there.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx