Re: SmartWords is real

In message <19970819194627.AAA24233@[207.116.50.42]>,
Carl Distefano  wrote:
>SmartWords is real. I saw it in action in June. The demo
>focused more on the document-building technology than on word-
>processing features. As best I could tell, it's a polished,
>mostly-finished app with the ability (among others) to
>generate and automatically update complex documents by
>incorporating and manipulating text and database information
>according to user-specified rules.

You know, that sounds a whole lot like a translation memory or
translation-document management app along the same lines as IBM's
Translation Manager or the TRADOS Translator's Workbench or Atril's
D?j? Vu or one or two others. I'm no lawyer, but I'd be take a good
long look at SmartWords if it could be made to work in this way
reasonably easily, especially if it supported double-byte character
sets (Japanese in particular).

Mr. Frank?

--
Stephen A. Carter      High-Tech Information Center Nagoya, Ltd.
mailto:scarter@xxxxxxxx                Nagoya, Japan