xy-Wordperfect conversion filter

This may be of interest. While searching for a way of converting from XY4 to other formats I
found and installed a copy of Wordperfect 6.1. It turns out that the software comes with a
conversion from XY 3.55, 3.56 and 4. The conversion filter is not automatically installed and you
have to wade through the custom installation routine, then select it manually, but it seems to be a
better conversion that that with the W4W filters. I found that it was able to pick up two sets of
footnotes, one configured as an endnote, which none of the other filters were able to do. All the
W4W filters I have tried have turned these into one or the other. The filter does get confused by
some formatting - I had to remove the formatting for the footnotes, otherwise it hung - but it
seems a useful tool to me. Wordperfect will then provide a good conversion to Word 6.0.

Paul Breeze