HAL

direct access to the > network interface card. When a sniffer goes down, it > generally takes the > whole OS down with it > >Interesting. Well, I guess there are always going to >be a few exceptions. >Jordan Other exceptions are likely to be DOS programs written before HAL existed, which do not negotiate with HAL for resource allocation and blithely _assume_ that they have direct hardware access. Such programs can lock horns with HAL. As we know, 'assume' makes an ass of u and me. ≪MD FL≫