re Having your cake ...

"you can fool Xy4DOS into accepting *any* "delta" or even just
the opening chevron by setting default BI=1"

Can hardly believe the effect of d bi=1, Tim. One big benefit for
me is being able to work on v4 files in v3 with no "illegal formatting command" squawks.
How *ever* shall I survive without seeing another? if bi=1
renders xyWin commands equally benign in xyDos 4, that should
please Carl, no ... ? The main (other?) v4 benefit seems to be
that you can put text in a delta without
LBing or PRing it. Like Carl, I get distraught behavior from
xyDos 4 when I try to enter a code as text in formatted view. In
v3, bi=1 makes it possible to do that in SP view, curing an old
headache.

How did The Herb miss that one? He reports it as "Unknown.
Displays as 0."
Other v3 "Unknowns":
   "BL  ... Displays as 1."
   "HB  ... Displays as 15."
   "HC  ... Displays as 0."
   "LR  ... Displays as 1."
   "RD  ... Displays as 1,8,9,0,249, for example."
   "RO  ... Displays as 0."
   "SD  ... Displays as 1."
   "$TW ... Displays as 0, for example.
      Can't be set with the default command."
   "ZT  ... Displays as 0, for example." I find none listed in
xyDos 4 documentation. Further revelations, Tim?

"BTW, the markers in WG view are called WYSIwiggles."

Endearing. Which markers? You don't mean 174/175s, do you?

"Bet you were dying to know."

Some of us can't get enough of this stuff. Love your glimpses inside XyQuest.
Thanks so much, Tim, for the bi tip and your other invaluable
enrichment of user support.

"Having your cake ... and eating it too. (Is that an obscure
Ohioism or does everybody know it?)"

If it's an Ohioism, I can attest with certainty that it's
commonly used in at least one border state to the east. No one
ever looks at me quizically when I use it elsewhere, but one
never knows. ... --A

========================= annie fisher  nyc