Endnote question

For some time now I've had an endnote problem--I could swear that years
ago I didn't. Here's the problem (I'm talking XyDos4.17): Suppose I
want to dump the endnotes out in the following form.

1. blah blah
2. bleh bleh

That is, with non-superscripted numerals, a period and two spaces. Fine,
at one point XyWrite introduced the SC= formatting command which can be
set to SC=SU for standard footnotes. For endnote purposes I set it to
SC=FN and in my printer file I have MD FN=(*+ENDNOTE)
 and later in the attribute tables I have
AT:ENDNOTE

AT<.
AT#
;AT=2
ET

where there are two spaces after the period. This accomplishes getting
the numbers unsupered, but the periodspacespace doesn't appear. So I
resort to ci /FN1/FN1./

What subtlety am I missing?
 Of course endnotes are flaking in other ways--top and bottom margins are
hard to control, etc.

--
                     Regards,
                     David

Eats first, morals after
	--Brecht
"What would life be without arithmetic, but a scene of horrors?"
            -Rev. Sydney Smith, letter to young lady, 22 July 1835

David Auerbach              auerbach@xxxxxxxx (David Auerbach)
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU
Box 8103