Re: Diacritics in XW for E-Mail

At 07:43 PM 6/25/01 -0500, Richard Giering wrote:
>be dispatched via E-Mail. Since a number of them go to German
>correspondents, they contain Umlaut diacritics. I've been told that, in
>some instances, my notes contain "Garbage". I investigating I've found
>the culprits were the Umlaut characters and, more importantly, they are
>the NB umlauts.
> I just ran a test and the good news is that the XWRITE umlaut
>characters (and I believe all XW diacritics), are the ones that work.

What is there to "investigate"? XYwrite uses Ascii, NB uses Ansi.
Results are according.
And there is no high Ascii or Ansi that "works" in e-mail body text. It all
depends on what route the message takes, and what software is used to read.
If you want to be sure, send your umlaut containing messages as attachment.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)