Re: XY4 DOS Y2K and OS/2

I didn't actually run the .EXE files, but I did extract all the files from each
(95 and 3.1) of the patches and then did a binary file compare. (I used
Windows Commander for both extracting the files and doing the binary
file compare- www.wincmd.com) As expected, the 95 and 3.1 patches
both contain the exact same files.

Now I have actually executed the files and they are just self extracting
zip files created with WinZip. Not really a patch program, just an
archive containing updated files. I don't really see a need for the two
versions, why not just have a 16 bit self extractor and be done with it,
that'll work almost everywhere.

On 15 Sep 99, at 19:09, Bill Troop wrote:
> I would have thought that it was only the patching software that was
> platform specific. Surely the final result is Xy4 for DOS v 4.018 running
> under whatever? Or am I hopelessly offbase?
>
> >As I understand it, TTG has issued Y2K patches for XY4 DOS running under
> >Win 3.1, Win 9X and NT, but not for XY4 DOS running under DOS (I expect
> >because of date issues in most older versions of DOS).
> >
> >Will any of these "work" for XY4 DOS running in a VDM under OS/2?

-Robert Orndorff
Richmond, VA

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/orndorff