Re: Copyright/abandonment [was Re: xywrite manual]

Reply to note from Leslie Bialler  Mon, 19 Aug
2002 15:59:30 -0400

> I take it this is far more complicated than, say, trademark
> protection, where all (?) a trademark holder has to do is
> mention from time to time that the trademark exists: I.e.,
> "Xerox is a registered trademark of the Xerox Corporation" as
> boilerplate in their ads.

Protecting a copyright is easy: just slap on a copyright notice. (A
notice isn't required for a valid copyright, but it helps establish
the claim.) Proving that a copyright has been abandoned is another
kettle of fish.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx