XY4 with Virtual PC

I have recently used Virtual PC 2007 on my Windows 2000 machine to
create a Windows 98se installation in order to see how it will run XY4.
 It appears to run very well, especially if Virtual Machine extensions
are installed for Win98 as these allow XY4 to run in a resizable window.
 This makes it feasible to run XY4 in a box at almost full screen, as
was possible when running Win98 as the native operating system. Pasting
from the host operating system works too, but using the Windows Paste
routine for a DOS box with very slow transfer. There are no problems
with cursor movement either. The only obvious problem was relatively
slow window drawing if you scroll through a document line by line, but
this did not seem excessively problematical.
I tried this because I run my monitor almost exclusively in portrait
mode now and the Windows 2000 dos box is too uncomfortable for me to use
as a result of the problems with the cursor movement. Tame does not
work either, but this looks like a workable solution. It will, of
course, work in landscape orientation too.
If anybody else is interested and wants further details, I'll be happy
to oblige.

Paul Breeze