Re: waking up

Have you tried the Hungarian filters, using them to convert to RTF?
Nothing works perfectly, and not just with Xy. I just had to import a
Word doc to WordPerfect, and all the centered text came over with umpteen
spaces to "brute force" the centering. Auto counters, in particular,
suffer from the fact that Word's (and WordImPerfect's) auto numbering
features stink on ice. So even Xy's elegant numbering can get trashed
when translated to the other programs' rubbishy formats. If you're sure
you won't need to renumber, running hardcode before converting might be
worth it, though I've heard of problems with this running under Windows.
    WordPort has a bad bug in dealing with em and en dashes and smart
quotes. Leslie and I have both called it to the publisher's attention,
and they insisted there was nothing wrong. And late versions of Word have
trouble reading earlier versions. (A really old Word doc is better read
in WordPerfect, then saved as a recent WP format, then opened in Word.
INSANE!)
Patricia