Re: DOS environment

** Reply to message from Patricia M Godfrey  on Fri, 25 Oct
2002 16:05:56 -0400

> in Win 9.x I
> have found that all the memory management I need can be set from the
> properties menu of the XyW shortcut on the desktop.

You can adjust values for those things, but you can't:
load DOS high
use upper memory blocks
*start* memory management (HIMEM, EMM386)
start CD-ROM support
plus optional other things. At least, you can't in NT.

BTW, you can set extended mem to zero or "None"; it isn't used. Expanded
should be a good 500Kb above your setting when you launch XyWrite, e.g. if you
say "/e4000", make expanded 5120Kb or so.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx