Re: 64-bit Xy!

Carl,

This is a truly interesting feat in itself. I do not know if I would want to go this route, but who knows there might be reasons to do this. It is mostly about custom and the force of habit. What is the best way to integrate a virtual machine and a host system? I use launchpad applications in each operating system to start things, in Win7 and W2K my application of choice is Tray Command Line (http://traycl.chat.ru/), in Win 3.1 it is Praxim, an alternative shell for Program manager. I put the focus to each operating system in turn, in separate displays, and go on from there. I use shared folders and files to import and export information between systems, and the clipboard between Win 7 and W2K. This approach is very simple, and needs no special programming. But automating workflows is something worth thinking, and there Autohotkey solutions are indeed a good alternative. (By the way, I run across this software package for automating things the other day: http://www.microsystools.com/products/automation-tools/. This is a Danish family business that started in the late '70s). I am eagerly awaiting the sequel of this Autohotkey solution.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

You may not be able to run XyWrite in 64-bit Windows, but, thanks to AutoHotKey, you *can* use Xy4 in VirtualBox to open, or switch to, 64-bit Windows apps in the host operating system.