Re: Colours issue...

Reply to note from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  Thu,
15 Mar 2007 21:34:36 -0500

> At one point Carl (I think) gave me a routine for seeing what
> color values looked like as you try them out.

Are you perhaps thinking of Robert's U2 routine COLORS (plural)? It
won't help with Maben's problem, however; it's for setting
foreground and background colors in the *Windows* versions of
XyWrite and Nota Bene.

To call up the DOS color table, issue TABLE COLOR or
HELP COLOR (note: COLOR, singular).

It's true that blinking color MoDes stop blinking if you toggle from
full-screen to a window (Alt-Enter). Also, if you use a utility
such as VPT.EXE or PRISM.EXE to change the standard VGA colors, it
can sometimes cause blinking MoDes to become steady (as well as
change the colors). In that case, you need to reset the default VGA
colors and experiment with new values.

But, if I understand Maben's query, his main concern is to have a
blinking cursor. Even if all of the numbered MoDes display as
steady, it should still be possible to get the standard blinking
cursor by commanding D CR=0.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx