Re: TameDOS and NumLock

Jim wrote:

Harry: I solved the slow cursor problem when upgrading from Win 998SE to Win 2000 and XP Home and did not introduce Num Lock flasing by putting CN in startup.int. If, after loading, the cursor is still slow, I hit the Num Lock key one or more times, checking the cursor speed each time, until the cursor speeds up. I decided awhile back that TameDOS was not necessary. I still have use of the numbers and arithmetic functions in the Number keypad but not the arrow keys. Keyboard setting is 69=TN. I'm using Xy DOS 4.018.

I put CN into startup.int. I think hitting Num Lock a few times as you suggest does speed up the cursor. It's still not great. This whole XP transition is one problem after another.

Here's another one: shifting to full-screen mode (alt-Enter) changes all the colors to a horrible, flashing display in brown and yellow! I can't set my defaults to get that right or else it will change windowed-mode display. I'm really upset.

But thanks.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx