Re: A plea from Mac land

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 12:03:09AM -0400, Bill Troop wrote:
> >Why not just use XyWrite on the Mac?
> >
> >There are perfectly fine Intel emulators.
>

> Indeed there are. Moreover, the problems I found in Virtual PC 1
> -- inability to switch control and caps lock and inability to use
> Adobe Type Manager -- were fixed in Virtual PC 2, so I am
> told -- I still haven't tested version 2 myself. Version 3 is
> due in September. Running XyWrite on the Mac would be quite
> satisfactory for me if I could get Mac Caps Lock to work as
> PC/Win Control key.

I would think that this would be the preferred solution for someone wanting to
be able to maintain the Xywrite experience on a Mac platform. I have not used
Virtual PC, but HAVE, seen it first hand boot and run NT 4.0. :P

I would think that an OS would a little harder to emulate than Xywrite.

BTW, wasn't there some other people on the list that had tested this?

fwiw,

Russ