Re: For TBaehr Re: XPL, DLG, Develop

> no one should be able to obtain a driver's
> license by taking the test in a car with an automatic shift. Anyone so
> uncoordinated as to be unable to work a clutch and manual shift should not
> be on the road, IMHO. Likewise, computer systems which are dumbed down to
> enable the neophyte who can't figure out their own config.sys shouldn't be
> force fed to everyone, nor should XY users be led up the MS path with less
> and less control (thru lack of documentation, poor communication with the
> developers, etc.) over how their chosen tools work.

Harmon,

It has long been my opinion that if one takes a test on an
automatic shift car one should be licensed to drive only cars
with automatic shifts.

As for computers: I think Gateway probably has the best solution
now that they have divided their business into "professional" vs.
"family" computers, the latter bundled with Microsoft Bob
.

This may turn out to be the equiv. of automatics vs. standard
shifts.

BTW: Please do _not_ go into one of your schticks about the
quality or lack thereof of Gateway machines and operating
systems. This is for example only and is not meant as a product
endorsement.

%%Leslie%%