Re: Staying with XP after April 8 2014 (was Win 7 vs Win 8)

Thanks, Kari.  Speaking of which, whatever became of the named-alike 'ZyIndex' ?  It began in the DOS days, and continued on from there for quite some time.  I don't suppose it could have become abandonware . . . ?

  Jordan

From: Kari Eveli
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: Staying with XP after April 8 2014 (was Win 7 vs Win 8)

Hi,

DnGrep is what I use for PHP programming projects (works well when what
you search for is within a folder structure):
https://code.google.com/p/dngrep/

DnGrep lets you set up a custom editor for going to the specific line of
code or whatever within the results just by clicking. I use EditPad Lite
for this.

For filename search, there is this database-driven program:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/locate32/

And another non-indexing program:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/file-search/

Both worth a look.