Re: Windows 8

--- On Fri, 10/26/12, Harry Binswanger  wrote:

> >Well yeah, but virtualization also seems to have been a
> priority:
> >
> >http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/09/07/bringing-hyper-v-to-windows-8.aspx
>

> Wow, they have a 400 MB pre-configured XP virtual machine
> for Win7. I'm
> downloading that before it disappears.

Harry,

Maybe you can point out where I missed it in that piece, but I
did not see such a link -- only one for different versions of
Internet Explorer ?

Also, I recall printing out a piece that I think ran in The Register
("the hand that bites IT" is their motto) some time ago, about how
the built-in virtualization in (the top editions of) Win-7 was
largely smoke and mirrors, likely to disappoint in terms of
real-world performance, compared to other, outside solutions like
VMWare player. I just went looking for that link, but did not
manage to find it again. If I still have the hardcopy and can find
it, I could probably get more specific.

 Jordan