Re: Off-topic request for assistance -Reply

Win95 OSR2 is an updated version of Windows 95. Essentially, its a
fixed up version which supposedly cleans out some nasty bugs in the
original version. As I recall, it also adds some goodies, but I don't
know what they are. It must be important to have, though, because I
see a lot of software that comes with different installation
instructions for Win95 OSR2 vs. the original version.

As to voice recognition, OS/2 Version 4.0 comes with voice recognition
built in. I spent an hour babbling into a microphone to "Train" it to
recognize my voice, but never really made much use of it. It was fine
for navigating through the computer ("Open this program," "close that
window," etc.), but using it for dictation never really worked for me.
 I DID, of course, get some pretty hilarious results from trying to
dictate a simple memo. Especially when the software translated my
last name from CRUTCHFIELD to CROTCH FEEL.

Steve

>>> "Yo Intl."  12/02 10:25 am >>>
Nathan:
>Why not get rid of Win 98 and install either Win NT or Win 95
>OSR2?

What is Win95 OSR2?

I am looking at the same situation as Eric, as I want to play with
voice
recognition software, which demands Win 9x to run. Sigh...

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "I have always seen military service as a plus." Bill Clinton,99