Re: Strange files...

 I believe you Carl, but that is not what I see happening.
 As I said, the overflow files are visible in the btfonts
 directory, beneath XY4, when I am in the programme and
 look in that directory. After I exit the programme, and
 go to that same directory in DOS, the overflow files with
 the TMP ender are gone, and I have not taken any steps to
 delete them. I don't know how this is happening, since
 you say that that is impossible, and I believe you, but
 I also see what I see. Mind you, I am not complaining
 because the nice feature is that other *.TMP files, such
 as EMAIL.TMP survive. The only ones to go are the strange
 ones that look something like LMNOPQR.TMP, which I believe
 Robert called "overflow" files. These are precisely the
 ones I would delete, if they were not deleted, and I'd
 leave the EMAIL.TMP file, because this is the file that I
 usually want to send someone, and were it to be deleted
 with the rest of the TMP files, I'd have a problem.

 Maben

----