Re: NB 8 (Trial version)

** Reply to message from "William H. TeBrake"  on Fri, 14
Apr 2006 11:24:41 -0400

> As an academic myself, I have profitted greatly from the
> discussions about using NB (of course at core, XY) and especially its
> integrated modules (Ibidem and Orbis) which are now rock solid and
> really do work as advertised. Indeed, Ibidem and Orbis set NB off
> from other word processors; that is where its true value lies, in my
> opinion.

Unquestionably, that's where NB-NYC sees it's market. I see that as an
unnecessarily narrow focus -- shooting themselves in the foot. There are many
other potential types of user -- us, for example. Or former XyWriters, who are
legion. Or customization freaks.

Perhaps you could give us a short review, or mere list, of the primary
value-added features of NB (features not present in Xy4)? So that people can
evaluate their need for them?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx