HP L1500

I have just purchased a colour laser HP L1500 which until it was set up properly, also only printed the first page and then the amber light came on. To print continually, the green light must not flash but remain on. In my case I had to get the settings right for the size of the paper I was using - A4 but you will have of course to use the standard USA letter size.
    However, I still have to find out how to print from XY4.