Abbreviation expansion (was Speed?)

In article <9504031515.AA14024@ InterServ.Com>,
kfrank@xxxxxxxx wrote:

| P.S. By the way, we all owe a debt of gratitude to eMacs.
Because an early | version of eMacs had an appreviation
expansion function, I was able to | determine that the patent
claim which led my predecessors to remove autoexpand | from
XyWrite was invalid, and on that basis I reinstated it in Xy4 and
XyWin.

That's interesting to hear. Abbreviation expansion is one of my
favorite XyWrite features. I can't imagine translating without
it.

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play:
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan