old fashion

 from Morris Krok 13th April 2000
 essence@xxxxxxxx

 In the Footsteps of Benjamin Franklin=20
=20
 XyWrite since 1988 has give me so much pleasure
 in penning my thoughts and collecting wonderful
 quotations from masters of exquisite thought and
 accomplishment. To name a few Isaac Newton;
 Waldo Emerson - "to think your own thought and
 beware when you let a thinker loose on planet
 earth (today we can say on the world wide web)
 as life will never be the same again"; Thoreau;
 Edgar Allen Poe and his Gold Bug (deciphering
 whatever man has coded); and perhaps above all
 **Benjamin Franklin - a man ahead of his
 time, humanitarian, moralist, statesman, writer, printer,
 first to introduce adverts to a newspaper, inventor, founder
 of the first public library, started a paid police force,
 introduced first fire fighting unit, and established
 the university of Pennsylvania. He is well known for
 his sayings in Poor Richard's Almanack.

 Now with the computer, the scanner, lazer and colour
 printers and of course, the wonderful word processing
 language of XyWrite we can all consciously create and
 emulate the geniuses of classical thinking.

 Our search should be for that single thought that is so
 profoundly all encompassing that it will reverberate around
 the ethers of the world for aeons to come.

 Now this is my ode to the old fashion way where
 things have to be earned and, of course, to plain
 Dos.

 An Old Fashion Guy

 I am old fashion guy who prefers dos to windows.
 Pressing keys to clicking the mouse.
 I would rather let my fingers do all the talking
 than keeping the rat with its long tale in motion.

 I am old fashion guy who earns his success by
 diligent work and using thoughts so fleeting
 to consciously create.

 I am old fashion guy who prefers snail mail to email.
 I like something tangible in my hand. To open the=20
 envelope, and collect the stamp is my greatest joy.
 I am on cloud nine when the letter is scented and
 embellished with flowers.

There is an advantage to be old fashion and
read a bound book, than to down-load an e-book.
It is the sign of the times to go digital, but o, no,
not for me, as I prefer to tangibly grasp and look.

 It is good to be old fashion so that the mind
 can be the master, the supreme artist and architect
 forever triumphant over sprawling and invasive technology.

 But it is good to be up-to-date with the techno-world
    so more time can be spent with nature -=20
    the wind, the sun and scenes of flowering meadows
    and blossoming orchards - aware what life wants us to know
    even in the midst of complexity and materialism.

 Enjoying, enjoying and reaping the inevitable rewards of =
old-fashioness. (chorus line).

 ** Information concerning Benjamin Franklin was garnered from
 a Classic Illustrated Comic No. 65 issued autumn 1969.

=1A