Morris Krok is dead

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  on Thu, 02
Feb 2006 18:25:51 -0500

> Sometime in 2003, List member Morris Krok ("Morris Krok"
> (mailto:essence@xxxxxxxx;) reprinted it and offered it for sale in
> the US (post of 9/28/03). I haven't seen his name recently, so I don't
> know if he's still on-list, but you could try that e-mail address and
> see if it gets through.

Morris Krok died in South Africa, in October 2005, at age 73. There is a
remembrance at:

 http://www.vegsource.com/talk/raw/messages/99920394.html

and a collection of his "sayings" as well as a list of his publications at:

 http://www.rawfood.com/krok.html

I give Morris full credit for tackling XPL head-on. Nobody here was as
diligent as Morris. As often happens, when someone isn't aware of limitations,
they try things that a more experienced person would never consider. And once
in a while, Morris's naivete led to fresh conceptual breakthroughs. The links
above attest that Morris was a can-do fellow. He deeply believed in, and spent
his life promoting, a clean, yogic, raw-food life; and I'm sorry that he had to
be painfully aware, before his death, that he would be bowing out, at a
relatively young age, in a manner (riddled with cancer) that didn't validate
his beliefs -- a sad finale for someone who strove to be exemplary.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx