Re: Edit multiple copies of a file

On 18-4-97, Myron Gochnauer wrote (in part)

>This is something I have urged XyQuest / TTG to incorporate
>(to no avail, of course). I find it extremely useful when trying to
>(re)establish consistency in fairly lengthy documents. [I hesitate
>to add that Microsoft's Word has done this since it was a DOS program...]

Just a few days ago I asked whether there was a real need for such a facility;
everyone on this List was too polite to say Of course there is, stupid, and as
someone whose daily bread comes from copyediting scholarly books, I should have
been among the first to clamor for this feature.

So I endorse Carl's and Myron's and everyone else's desire to see this feature
added to the next generation of whatever the Miracle Software is now going to be
called. If it's a feature of "several shareware editors" (as Myron says) it
can't be *that* difficult. And everything my capitalist programmer friends have
tried to teach me about fitting products to the largest possible market implies
that if MS Word has this facility there has to be some market value to it.

Cheers,
					Eric Van Tassel