dos colors

When I start up XyDos my background color (full screen and DosBox max) is a
kind of bright blue (with dim white letters). I'm trying to change that to
a dark blue with dim white letters. Can't find a way within xy to get the
dark blue. And working with dos commands in autoexec.bat, I can't get that
color either. Notice there are several dos utilities available at various
sites that claim the ability to change colors. Any recommendations on any
score?

Michael Norman