Re: XyWin Hogs Warp - Help!

>optimized and I occasionally run into swap memory (I think) bottlenecks or
>something that slows it all to a near halt. XyWin was running on a couple of

  You need to allocate a larger swap space, perhaps. I found making a
minumum swap space of 16-20meg made a large performance difference when I
only had 8 meg RAM. Now I have 16meg RAM, but HD space is dirt cheap, so I
give it 32meg minimum swap. And that hold true for any GUI system except
Geos, even windoz, I give it at least 20. Otherwise the system has to look
for place to put big swap chunks, breaking it up and spreading it around.
With a big permanent swap space there is no problem.

>On other hand, I found that setting Run_In_Background to OFF makes life
>easier when I move back to the Desktop to do other work. Finally, I saw one

  Here again, more swap space makes that not so much a problem. I checked
my settings, and with a big swap space, it seems to make little difference
whether I enable the active background for XY or not.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

hoka hey!
Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.