Editing Mode Markers XY4/DOS

Ability to edit XyWrite 4 mode markers is not consistent--
does anyone know why, and if there is any way to fix this?

To demonstrate: set default XT=1 (show expanded definition
for commands on status line) and UM=1 (unhide mode markers).

In Formatted View, everything works fine: mode markers are
"expanded" on the status line, so you can see if it's bold
or italic, etc.; and, if you position the cursor on a mode
marker and press DEL, the marker is deleted.

In Draft ("Fast Edit") View, the mode markers don't "expand"
on the status line, although command markers do; and, if you
position the cursor on a mode marker and press DEL, you
delete not the marker but the character to the right of the
marker.

This problem existed as far back as 4.014 (or more), and is
present in 4.015-O, which I believe is the latest DOS version.
There are a few rough edges in XyWrite's Formatted View, but
this is one instance where something works OK in Formatted
but not in Draft.

Is there any logic to this, and if not, any way to fix it?
I'm working in a large (1MB) file, and want to use Draft
View since it's faster. But I also need to edit mode
markers . . . thanks.

Tom Hawley

Burke & Parsons, New York
thawley@xxxxxxxx