Re: New vDos and vDos-lfn version 2016.06.01

Carl, thanks for your comments about Wengier's new vDos-lfn. I think
the LPT4=CLIP functionality is really essential--now that I have it,
I wouldn't want to be without it. I very much appreciate the
continued development of vDos and vDos-lfn by Jos and Wengier and am
still hoping that this clipboard matter can be addressed.

James

At 2.6.16 00:44, you wrote:
Reply to note from "Wengier W"  (Redacted
sender "wengierwu" for DMARC) Thu, 2 Jun 2016 03:37:31 +0000 (UTC)

> Jos has released the new vDos 2016.06.01 today, and I also
> released vDos-lfn 2016.06.01 today accordingly.

Wengier, thank you. My very brief testing so far shows the following:

- Speed seems noticeably faster. Nice.

- Clipboard functionality appears to be broken. With LPT4=CLIP, saving
a file to LPT4 does not save it to the clipboard. Pasting with Winkey-
Ctrl-V also doesn't work: nothing happens.

- The new WAIT option for starting Windows programs doesn't seem to
work. For example, DOS /C METAPAD.EXE starts the Metapad text editor,
but DOS /C WAIT METAPAD.EXE does nothing. DOS /C HIDE METAPAD.EXE does
start Metapad in the background, as expected.

- I'm not sure what the new "CMD" command adds. In the previous version
of vDos-lfn, commanding CMD at the DOS prompt opens a CMD.EXE window in
Windows. There is no change in this behavior in the version, although
the CMD.EXE window does appear to open faster.

I realize that some or all of these comments might be better addressed
to Jos.

Thanks again for all your work.

--
Carl Distefano