Re: Editing a 2GB+ file

From: "Patricia M. Godfrey"
> The thing I noticed though is that if an e-mail has an
> attachment--zip, jpg, etc--that also gets incorporated in the
> inbox--and probably contains non-ASCII chars. Will check in List
> if I get time.

I'd be surprised if binary attachments weren't stored as base64 code, which uses the following 65
characters (64 if you start the count at zero), all Ascii:

=AZBCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789+/

The use of this circumscribed, plain-vanilla Ascii range ensures reliable transmission via e-mail.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx