Re: Old user seks new advice

As far as I know, ALL versions of Xy3, Sig, and Xy4 work on
ALL Wintel machines, even the very latest.

I have always had insurmountable problems with XyWrite for Windows
(mostly related to fonts, I think).
HOWEVER, it seems that the Nota Bene people and the TTG people
are both on the verge of bringing out a new Windows version -- and
there seems to be some sort of legal dispute as well. Does anyone
here have the scoop?

One of these days, I will undertake to set up a machine with a
5.25" disc drive

I suppose what we enthusiasts need is a CD containing all the most
important builds of 3, 4, Sig, and Win. More online documentation
would be useful to people like me who can never find a manual.
Also, a lot of neat stuff never made it into the official manuals.

So -- what's Dave Ericcson up to? Ought we not to be petitioning
him to update things a bit?

I don't know about everyone else, but the key thing I'd like to see is
Xy4/DOS with better clipboard to Win support, and DIRECT support
for long file names !!!!

>prehistoric days where technical support and bug fixes existed.
Weren't they wonderful? We were privileged during those years!