Re: XY-4 and OS/2 Experience

To Nathan Slivan:

OS/2 Warp was to have been available on store shelves today or tomorrow, but
early users discovered a "bug" with the installation. It seems that if a
computer has a file titled CONFIG.BAK in its main directory, installation locks
up. The easiest solution would be to instruct people to rename or delete any
such files, but people being as they are about reading, let alone following
instructions, IBM opted to recall as much of the product as it could and fix
the OS/2 Warp software. As near as I can figure, that will delay availability
by about a week.

OS/2 Warp and OS/2 3.0 are the same thing; I don't know about the third title.
And both require that you already have Windows 3.1, or purchase it separately.
The software is intended to attract unhappy Windows users, and also eliminate
the need for IBM to pay Microsoft a Windows royalty. A version of OS/2 Warp
incorporating Windows is supposed to come out after the first of the year.